Deposit and Payment Terms
- Deposits: We ask for a 30% deposit to secure the reservation and proceed with bookings.
- Balance: Within 30 days of tour. If tour date is less than 30 days away, full payment is required upon booking confirmation.
- Payment Methods: VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Bank Transfer.
- You must notify us of any cancellation by telephone on +34 652 30 61 60 (available during office hours) or by an email sent to us. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective upon receipt by us of such notification.
- More than 30 days before the start date of tour, a 50 euro administration fee will be applied per person and the remainder will be refunded.
- Less than 30 days before the start date of tour, no refund can be issued.
*** Note these are only guideline cancellation terms, more specific terms may apply depending on the type and numbers of participants on your tour. See final contract for complete terms and conditions.
Travel insurance, cancellation insurance and medical insurance are all recommended and Bakcheia will not absorb any costs and does not accept responsibility if guests do not come on tour without these recommended insurances. Medical issues, storage or purchase of medicines and any related medical costs are the responsibility of the client, not of Bakcheia.
We do not expect and certainly do not want dissatisfied customers, but in the event that you are not entirely satisfied with the service offered, you should notify us of any complaint as soon as possible by calling us on +34 652 30 61 60 (available during office hours) or by sending an email with details of your compliant to us. We shall use all reasonable efforts to rectify the complaint as quickly as possible. If the problem cannot be resolved during the trip period, you should contact us in writing within 14 days of end of trip.
By sending us the deposit (or in the case of late bookings, sending us the full payment) you confirm to us that you, nor to your knowledge anyone traveling with you, if applicable, have any physical or other condition or disability that would make traveling unsafe for you or other travelers. You should take up-to-date health advice about the health precautions you will need to take prior to the commencement of your trip.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and all matters arising therefrom are subject to Spanish Law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish courts.
- Bakcheia is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, bicycle, horseback, foot, or other form of active travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; etc. Bakcheia reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of guests.
- If a driver has been arranged and agreed, your driver should be waiting for you at the airport or your confirmed pick up point (e.g. train station) at the confirmed arrival time that you provide. Bakcheia provides a grace period of 2 hours beyond the confirmed arrival time and after this, the chauffeur company will bill you directly for additional waiting time. Rest assured that the driver will wait for you no matter how long, but that you will be invoiced for extra hours (anything after 2 hours beyond the confirmed arrival time).
- Likewise if extra transport costs are incurred due to weather conditions (airplanes diverting to different locations or cruise ships calling into different ports at last minute, etc) they will not be absorbed by Bakcheia and will be billed directly to the client from the transport company. Note: you can protect yourself against such eventualities by purchasing full insurance.
- If extra transport hours or additional transfer services (beyond the confirmed itinerary) are incurred during the tour due to the guests’ request, they will be billed directly.
- Where appointments are included (wineries, cooking classes, tastings, etc), clients must arrive within 30 minutes of the appointment time or they may have to forfeit the event (with no refund) due to the supplier’s scheduling / other appointments on the day.
- Very occasionally there are last minute changes to a program due to circumstances beyond our control. On any occasion that an appointment (winery, cooking class, tasting, etc) has to be cancelled, you will always receive an equal or superior substitution and be notified immediately of any change.